Our clinical assessment and treatment service (CATS) provides patients with quick and accessible assessment, diagnostics and treatment services under one roof.
Instead of referring patients to hospital for routine outpatient services, tests, treatments or therapies, GPs can refer NHS patients to one of our CATS facilities. Our six CATS facilities cover a growing number of specialties, including urology, ENT, gynaecology, dermatology, neurology musculoskeletal and general surgery.
CATS enable patients to move through various stages of care – from an initial consultation to diagnostics and even the beginnings of treatment – all within the one appointment. This dramatically reduces the number of appointments required by each patient.
If you and your GP decide that CATS is your best option, you will benefit from fast access to our friendly and professional team.
We operate five CATS facilities around the country:
- Broad Street CATS, Dagenham: specialising in gynaecology, dermatology, neurology, urology and ear, nose and throat (ENT) services
- Greater Manchester CATS: specialising in ear, nose and throat (ENT), musculoskeletal services (MSK), gynaecology, urology, general surgery, diagnostics (CT, MRI, ultrasound, endoscopy DXA and X-ray)
- Lincolnshire Intermediate Musculo-Skeletal Service (LIMSS): providing lifestyle advice and management, soft tissue and joint injections, initial physiotherapy treatment (and referrals for ongoing treatment) and diagnostics (MRI scans, ultrasounds and X-ray)
- NHS Buckinghamshire Musculoskeletal Integrated Care Service (MusIC): specialising in physiotherapy, women’s health advice, acupuncture, multi-disciplinary management of MSK pain and diagnostics (MRI scans, ultrasounds and X-ray)
- Ophthalmology CATS, Rochdale: providing a glaucoma service, pre-operative assessments prior to cataract surgery and minor eye surgery