Our CATS are a new way of providing patients with fast access to high quality healthcare.
Instead of referring patients to hospital for routine outpatients’ services, tests, treatments or therapies, GPs can refer NHS patients to one of our CATS where they will be cared for by a team of specialists.
The service is designed with your needs in mind, providing assessment, diagnosis and treatment within a single service for a growing number of specialties, including urology, ENT, gynaecology, dermatology, neurology musculoskeletal and general surgery.
If you and your GP decide that CATS is your best option, you will benefit from fast access to our professional, friendly and compassionate team. Because we offer a collection of specialists all under one roof, we're able to provide an integrated servich is fast, easy and convenient.
We operate five CATS facilities around the country:
- Broad Street CATS, Dagenham: gynaecology, dermatology, neurology, ear, nose and throat (ENT) and urology.
- Greater Manchester CATS: ear, nose and throat (ENT), musculoskeletal (MSK), gynaecology, urology, general surgery and diagnostics (CT, MRI, Ultrasound, DXA and X-ray, endoscopy).
- Lincolnshire Intermediate Musculo-Skeletal Service (LIMSS): lifestyle advice and management, Soft tissue and joint injections and Initial physiotherapy treatment (and referral for ongoing treatment), diagnostics (MRI scans, Ultrasound and X-ray).
- NHS Buckinghamshire Musculoskeletal Integrated Care Service (MusIC): physiotherapy, women’s health advice, acupuncture, multi-disciplinary management of MSK pain and diagnostics (MRI scans, ultrasound and X-ray).
- Ophthalmology CATS, Rochdale: glaucoma service, pre-operative assessments prior to cataract surgery, minor operation service.