Do you know someone in Cambridge who deserves a £300 reward for having a positive impact on the community?
Heathlands House care home is launching a search for local residents, charities, groups or clubs making a positive difference to the community, giving local people the opportunity to nominate their community heroes. If you know an individual or organisation that’s really gone the extra mile to help others in the area, let us help give them the recognition they deserve!
Our ‘local heroes’ competition can be entered by an individual or organisation of any size – it could be someone who gives up their free time to help one particular person, or a charity that reaches hundreds. We want to hear about local heroes or groups that improve people’s lives and have a positive impact on our community.
You can nominate yourself or your club, or put forward a person or organisation that has helped you or someone close to you. All you have to do is fill the below form before 11.59pm on Friday 29th October, and explain why they deserve to be rewarded.
1st prize: £300
2nd prize: £150
3rd prize: £50
Full Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only. Employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, are not eligible to enter. By entering the competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have the consent of all members in their team, and all members agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition opens at 9.00am on Monday 27th September and closes at 11:59pm on Friday 29th October. Entries must be received by this time in order to be entered into the Local Heroes competition.
- Entry is via the web form above or by post at: Local Heroes competition, Heathlands House, Bullen Close, Cambridge CB1 8YU.
- One winner and two runners-up will be selected from all entries received via the web form or post.
- The winner will receive £300, first runner-up will receive £150, and the second runner-up will receive £50
- The prizes take the form of a bank transfer and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for any alternatives in whole or in part.
- The winner and runners-up will be informed of their prize within 10 working days following the end of the competition, unless otherwise specified.
- Winners will be chosen by a judging panel of representatives from Heathlands House and Care UK. The panel will select winners based on who they feel is most deserving and the positive impact of their actions on residents in the community (regardless of the number of nominations received for the awards). The judging panel’s decision is final.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner and runners-up using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 48 hours, or if the selected winner or runner-up is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner or runner-up using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant.
- The winner and runners-up will receive their prize within 30 working days following the end of the competition, unless otherwise specified.
- In any event, the prize must be claimed and taken within six months of the closing date.
- The Promoter is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. The Promoter is a member of the Care UK group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
- By entering this competition, you have provided your personal information (name, telephone number, email address) to the Promoter, who is the Data Controller. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into by taking part in the competition.
- Any personal information collected will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. Your personal information will also be shared with WPR Agency Limited in order that they may administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with the winner and runners-up on behalf of the Promoter. The Promoter will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree for their name and entry to be used by the Promoter in social media communications and any press or marketing material referencing the competition.
- Your personal information will be retained for a maximum of six months from the closing date to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion and to comply with its obligations under the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal information and to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed. If you have a concern about the way the Promoter is collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Data Protection Officer in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winner and runners-up, including, but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter's decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this promotion. However, entrants grant the promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
- The winner and runners-up may be asked to take part in publicity relating to this promotion but this will be discussed with the winner and runners-up before taking place.
- By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Care UK, 850 The Crescent, Colchester CO4 9QB.