Brighton Station Health Centre has received positive feedback from Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors in a national quality audit.
The centre in Queens Road, which is run on behalf of the local NHS by Care UK, was given an overall ‘good’ rating. The inspection looked at five core standards and asked: are services safe, effective, caring, responsive to people’s needs and well-led?
Key findings from the report include:
- The team assessed patients’ needs and delivered care in line with current evidence-based guidance.
- Patients said they were treated with compassion, dignity and respect and they were involved in their care and decisions about treatment.
- Information about services and how to feedback was available and easy to understand. Improvements were then made to the quality of care as a result of this feedback.
- There was a clear leadership structure and the team felt supported by management.
- The CQC saw outstanding practice within the sexual health clinic, where the team worked collaboratively with the local NHS trust to promote access to sexual health services and improve detection rates. Specific areas of outstanding practice include colleagues from the clinic sharing areas of practice through presentations at a national sexual health conference and reducing the testing to consultant referral time for patients diagnosed as HIV positive.
- There was an open and transparent approach to safety and an effective system in place for reporting and recording significant events.
Within its report, the inspection team noted that patients were asked to complete CQC comment cards prior to the visit. Patients completed 26 comments cards, all of which were positive about the standard of care received. In addition, the CQC team spoke with 10 patients during the inspection who all said they were satisfied with the care they received and thought the team was approachable, committed and caring.
Gemma Bond, clinical director at Brighton Station Health Centre, said: “We are very pleased with this latest CQC report and it reflects the day-to-day dedication to patient care demonstrated by our team.”
Brighton Station Health Centre is open 8am-8pm, 365 days a year for walk-in patients. These extended hours have also made it a very popular choice with patients who have chosen it as their registered GP surgery.