An annual awards ceremony has seen Care UK colleagues awarded for their dedication, hard work and achievements.
Individuals and teams working within the company’s residential services division were given awards at a celebration to mark the achievements of colleagues across Care UK’s 92 care homes and day clubs as well as supporting offices.
A number of colleagues working in roles in homes were recognised, with Lennox House manager Florence Clarke taking the prestigious Home Manager award.
The awards celebrated the achievements of colleagues working catering, administration and maintenance as well as nursing, caring and specialist dementia support.
Anyone working in the residential services division was able to nominate a colleague or manager for an award, and, with a large number of nominations highlighting the dedication and expertise shown by so many, the judges had a particularly difficult time selecting their winners.
The evening also saw the announcement of the 2012 Care UK Chef of the Year competition winner, which after several months of hotly-contested heats saw Lendita Pllanna, of Elmstead House in Hendon take the crown.
As well as awards for those working within the homes, colleagues in roles that support the business were also recognised for their achievements, including those working in customer service, finance and business development teams.
Colleagues from across the country joined together for the event held at Wokefield Park in Reading on Thursday November 15.
Awards in 19 categories were announced, with each winner being presented with a trophy, winners pin badge, high street vouchers and champagne.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Home Manager: Florence Clarke, Lennox House
- Maintenance: Rossell Rosita, Lennox House
- Housekeeping: Elaine Kell, Kings Court
- Environment: Whitebourne
- Customer Service: Alison Hazel
- Sales and Marketing: Tony Anin-Boateng and Pauline Delopio, Catherine Court
- Support Team: Vicki McGinn, Dan English and The Business Development Team
- Chef of the Year: Lendita Pllanna, Elmstead House
- Catering: Kath Preece, Station House
- Administrator: Joyce Hood, Whitebourne
- Colleague Engagement: Linda Dingwall
- Going the Extra Mile award: Ellie Golding, Paisley Court
- Fulfilling Lives: Hollins Park
- Dementia Care: Orchard Centre
- ABC: Stanley Park
- Team Leader: Noby Jacob, Tor-na-Dee
- Nurse: Regina Mparutsa
- Carer: Nadeem Pookham, Meadow Court
- Regional Team: North East