At Pinetum we marked the Diamond Jubilee with an exciting programme of activities for the whole community.
Our celebrations were not only for the residents, but also for all those who use the home including relatives, colleagues and the wider community from local schools and shops, to the local council and information services.
We tried to include everyone in the celebrations and their preparation, adapting to abilities, capabilities and interests, making the event in the home one to be remembered in years to come
- Creating decorations with the Kings School
- Trips out to local parks and events to see Jubilee displays and shows.
- Jubilee musical show with Sandra Currie
- Reminiscence with pictures and information donated by relatives, Chester library and the records office.
- A fundraising event at our local Morrison’s which raised over £265.
- A jubilee party, for all residents, relatives and local community.
- Friends of Pinetum relative fundraising group helped to decorate the home and baked cakes.
- The Queen (in the form of a cut out) dropped by, allowing anyone who wanted to have their photo taken with her .
- A concert from the choir of local primary school Westlea.
Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the build up to the celebrations and the events themselves.