Chichester community – we need your help!
Here at Care UK, all of our care home suites are named after objects, events, people and places that are part of local history to reflect our desire to anchor ourselves in the local community, while giving future residents an opportunity to reminisce about the area.
We’re calling on history enthusiasts and Chichester natives for four suite names that will reflect the uniqueness of the local area.
Whether you think the suites should be named after famous residents or local beauty spots – please send us your suggestions by downloading the entry form below:
Please submit your entry by Friday the 12th of March to be in with a chance of winning £250 by filling in the below form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Terms and Conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only. Employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, are not eligible to enter. By entering the competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have the consent of all members in their team, and all members agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. This competition opens at 8.00am on Monday 15th February 2021 and closes at 23.59pm on Friday 12th March 2021. Entries must be received by this time in order to be entered into the home naming competition. The promoter reserves the right to extend the competition if a high enough number of suitable entries are not received within the original time period stated.
3. Entry is via the designated form, to be downloaded and sent to email@example.com
4. One winner will be selected from all entries received via the web form.
5. The winner will receive £250.
6. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
7. In the unlikely event of no suitable entries being received, The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the competition and not award a prize.
8. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winning name will be used in full or part as the final suite names.
9. All entries will be judged individually based on their merits by an independent judge.
10. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 48 hours, or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant.
12. The terms and conditions of any third-party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third-party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
13. The winner will receive their prize within 30 working days following the announcement of the winner, unless otherwise specified.
14. The Promoter is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. The Promoter is a member of the Care UK group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
15. By entering this competition, you have provided your personal information (name, and the winner will provide telephone number and email address) to the Promoter, who is the Data Controller. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into by taking part in the competition.
16. Any personal information collected will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. Your personal information will also be shared with WPR Agency Limited in order that they may administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with the winner on behalf of the Promoter. The Promoter will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
17. Your personal information will be retained for a maximum of six months from the closing date to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion and to comply with its obligations under the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code.
18. You have the right to object to the processing of personal information and to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed. If you have a concern about the way the Promoter is collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Data Protection Officer in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
20. No bulk, machine-generated consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt. In the event that the winning home name has been suggested by two or more different individuals, the winner will be deemed the first person to submit the entry.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winner, including, but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
23. The Promoter's decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
24. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
25. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
26. Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this promotion. However, entrants grant the promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
27. The winner may be asked to take part in publicity relating to this promotion but this will be discussed with the winner before taking place. The name and county of the winners will be available for three months following the closing date upon application with a SAE to Care UK competitions, 39-40 Calthorpe Road, Birmingham, B15 1TS.
28. By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
29. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
30. Promoter: Care UK, 850 The Crescent, Colchester CO4 9QB.