Thame community – we need your help!
Do you want to name Thame’s newest care home?
All our care homes are named after things, people and places that are part of the local history of the area. This creates endless opportunities for residents to reminisce about where they live and helps to embed the new home within its local community.
Care UK, which is set to open its new care home on Stock Road, off the Eastern Bypass, in autumn 2023, is now calling on local history enthusiasts and Thame natives for a name that will reflect the uniqueness of the area!
Our home naming competition can be entered by an individual or organisation of any size; the only condition is that the chosen name must reflect Thame’s history or culture. The winner will then be presented with a £250 donation.
You can submit as many names as you’d like, provided you supply an explanation as to why you think each name is reflective of your local area – just fill the form below by Friday 22nd April.
Full Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only. Employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, are not eligible to enter. By entering the competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have the consent of all members in their team, and all members agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition opens at 8.00am on Friday 25th March 2022 and closes at 23.59pm on Friday 22nd April 2022. Entries must be received by this time in order to be entered into the home naming competition. The promoter reserves the right to extend the competition if a high enough number of suitable entries are not received within the original time period stated.
- Entry is via the designated form on the competition landing page – the entry must include at least one suggested name and associated explanation in 200 words or less.
- One winner will be selected from all entries received via the web form.
- The winner will receive £250.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
- In the unlikely event of no suitable entries being received, The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the competition and not award a prize.
- The Promoter does not guarantee that the winning name will be used in full or part as the final registered home name.
- All entries will be judged individually based on their merits by an independent judge.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 48 hours, or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant.
- The terms and conditions of any third-party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third-party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
- The winner will receive their prize within 30 working days following the announcement of the winner, unless otherwise specified.
- The Promoter is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. The Promoter is a member of the Care UK group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
- By entering this competition, you have provided your personal information (name, and the winner will provide telephone number and email address) to the Promoter, who is the Data Controller. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into by taking part in the competition.
- Any personal information collected will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. Your personal information will also be shared with WPR Agency Limited in order that they may administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with the winner on behalf of the Promoter. The Promoter will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
- Your personal information will be retained for a maximum of six months from the closing date to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion and to comply with its obligations under the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal information and to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed. If you have a concern about the way the Promoter is collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Data Protection Officer in the first instance at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.