2020 WINNER for SEVEN awards and HIGHLY COMMENDED in two categories
We are delighted to have won the overall gold trophy for the Best Larger Care Home Group at The Care Home Awards for the second year running.
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the care home sector in the UK. In a strong field representing social care providers from across the country we fought off tough competition to achieve this plus six further wins and two high commendations:
- The close bonds that the Cheviot Court team in South Shields have with residents saw them win the Best for Specialist Care award.
- The team at Muriel Street in Islington won Best for Sporting, Social or Leisure Activities for their passion in supporting residents to live meaningful lives.
- Millers Grange team in Witney won the Best for Architecture, Interior Design or Communal Spaces in recognition of the home’s contemporary dementia-friendly design.
- The Namaste care programme at Whitefarm Lodge in Twickenham saw them win in the Best for Non-Clinical Facilities category.
- Tor-Na-Dee’s sensory gardens provide meaningful activity for both residents and their families and helped them scoop the award for Best Garden or Outdoor Space at the Aberdeen home.
- Care UK’s Ride800 campaign won the Best Care Home Marketing, Advertising or PR Campaign with judges recognising our focus on the importance of movement and exercise in promoting health and wellbeing as well as raising over £45,000 for three charities.
- The team at Skylark House in Horsham was highly commended for being the Best Individual Care Home in a Group.
- As Care UK’s first newly built home to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ CQC inspection rating on its first inspection, the team at Mercia Grange in Sutton Coldfield received highly commended recognition for Best New Care Home.
Commenting on the award wins and high commendations, Care UK’s CEO, Andrew Knight, said: “The last six months have been an incredible challenge for the sector and the pandemic continues to test us all. This achievement is testament to the incredible dedication of all our Care UK colleagues who have worked so hard throughout this difficult time as they have continued to provide the best quality care for residents whilst supporting each other.
“Receiving so many awards is fantastic. I’d like to congratulate everyone and I’m proud to work with such a passionate, caring and forward-thinking group of people.”
2019 Winner in four awards categories
Care UK picked up four wins and four highly commended trophies at the national Care Home Awards 2019 in London. Care UK’s CEO for residential care, Andrew Knight said: “These awards are testament to the incredible hard work and dedication shown by our colleagues around the country and our shared vision of enabling residents to live fulfilling lives.”
- Best Larger Care Home Group (over 50 homes)
- Best Individual Care Home: Manor Lodge, Chelmsford
- Best for Garden or Outdoor Space: Broadwater Lodge, Godalming
- Best for Nutrition, Food and the Dining Experience: Ferndown Manor, Dorset
We also received high commendations in four categories:
Best Facilities Management or Maintenance Team: Amberley Lodge
Best Nursing Care: Jubilee House, Godalming
Best for Sporting, Social or Leisure Activities: Sherwood Grange
Best New Care Home – Ferndown Manor
2018 WINNER in three awards categories
- Best Individual Care Home: Mildenhall Lodge, Suffolk
- Best Maintenance Team: Sandfields, Cheltenham
- Best for Garden or Outdoor Space: Britten Court, Suffolk
We also received high commendations in two categories: