Join in our ‘right royal knees-up’
Everyone loves a wedding – particularly if it’s a royal one – and Care UK residents are no exception.
That’s why, on Saturday 19th May, Care UK homes across the UK will be opening their doors to residents’ family members and friends, and members of the local community, to join in a special celebration to mark the wedding of Prince Harry to his fiancée Meghan Markle.
A happy tradition
Care UK residents have fond memories of royal weddings and celebrations over the years. Late last year they shared their memories of the Queen and Prince Phillip’s wedding as part of our Love Stories platinum wedding anniversary celebrations.
Now as a new generation walks down the aisle at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, you can catch all the happy and glorious moments at your nearest Care UK home and toast the royal couple.
Homes will be screening the royal wedding live and will be celebrating in style, so expect anything from bunting, flags and fizz to wedding cake, corgis and royal lookalikes!
Top 5 royal wedding facts
- 600 guests will be attending, with 200 invited to an after party at Frogmore House, Windsor.
- There are no political leaders attending.
- Prince William will be his brother’s best man, as Prince Harry was for him.
- The regiments that Prince Harry served with in Afghanistan are likely to play a part in proceedings, lining the precincts of the castle.
- The couple will travel in an Ascot Landau coach pulled by six Windsor Grey horses for the celebratory procession around Windsor (there’s also a Scottish State Coach, as a wet weather option).
Everyone is welcome. We’d love to see you at any of the ‘right royal knees-ups’ happening in the following care homes: